Prepared Meal Providers
Prepared meals from local providers can help meet the needs of those who have difficulty with storing groceries or cooking. Some providers serve the specialized needs of youth, seniors, or those facing illness, and some can deliver meals if needed.
SOS Meal Program provides free hot meals to everyone, for pick-up every weekday between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Drop by Sonoma Springs Hall at 18627 Sonoma Highway to pick up meals. No pre-registration required.
- SOS also offers delivery of meals meals to homebound residents of the Springs on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Call 707-231-7007 to sign up for delivery, or to talk with the bilingual intake specialist for additional services.
Sonoma County Council on Aging provides meals to those age 60+.
- Meals on Wheels: Pick up packs of 5 frozen meals with fresh fruits and milk at Vintage House on Mondays between 11 a.m. and noon. Learn more here and to enroll contact Leigh Galton at 707-525-0143 ext.121.
- Home delivery of meals is also available for the homebound.
- Meals on Wheels participants can also receive pet food through the "Kibbles of Kindness" program.
- Community Table: Sit-down meals offered at two locations in Sonoma Valley. Learn more here and register in advance with Council on Aging at 707-525-0143 ext 128.
- Lunch at Vintage House on Mondays from noon - 1 p.m.
- Lunch at Oak Ridge Senior Apartments (18800 Beatrice Drive) on Tuesdays from noon -1:00 p.m.
Sonoma Home Meals (aka Meals on Wheels of Sonoma) provides home-delivered meals to seniors five days per week.
- To sign up, call Sonoma Home Meals, Inc at 707-935-9141 on Monday - Friday between 8:30 a.m. and noon.
Vintage House provides on-site meals at 264 First St. East. Call Vintage House at 707-996-0311 for more information
- Soup's On: Free hot lunch for seniors on Fridays, 11;30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Supper's On: Hot meal and activities for seniors, Wednesdays 4 – 5:30 p.m. Pre-registration required, $15 fee.
CERES Community Project - delivers medically tailored meals to those of any age who are facing a serious illness like cancer, diabetes or congestive heart failure.
- CERES delivers prepared meals to your home weekly for up to 24 weeks
- Call CERES at 707-829-5833 ext 201 (English) or ext. 203 (Spanish) to discuss starting services for you or your loved one
- Meals are low cost or free, based on income.